After having switched from Windows to Linux, have you ever thought of using your favorite programs in the Linux OS, programs that are available in both Linux and Windows? Knowing that will let you instantly use the same old programs in the fast and secure Linux.
If your favorite programs are not available in Linux, then at least you can find some counterparts that work the same as your Windows program. At least this will cut short your learning curve of a new program that does the same job as in Windows. Someone did just that – a full list of 50 programs (now 60 as I edit this post) has been listed, showing their names both in Windows and Linux.
Here is the full list, worth keeping: click here to see.
If you simply need a small application to delete, merge a page or a few pages to your existing PDF files, then I would highly recommend a Linux application called PDFshuffler. It is extremely easy to use. You can import as many PDF files as you want for you to rearrange page order or even delete certain pages – no, you cannot edit texts or images on each page. Once you are satisfied, you simply export the final result as a new PDF file. So these are what PDFshuffler can do easily: insert other PDF pages to a particular PDF file, rearrange the order of pages of a particular PDF file, split a PDF file by deleting certain pages.
The following are descriptions that come with the application and users reviews:
PDFshuffler is a small application which allows to merge or split pdf documents and rotate, crop and rearrange their pages using an interactive and intuitive graphical interface.
09/02/2010 la_monda Does what it says in a simple way!
07/14/2010 Liszt Small, quick easy to use program.
07/09/2010 jajodo Works exactly as indicated. simple
06/04/2010 huntman Good
06/04/2010 patriki Easy!
If you do not agree with me, then please post your favorite in the comment area below.
Openshot Video Editor is easy to use, quick to learn, and surprisingly powerful to create the videos you want.
* Trim & Slice – OpenShot has many easy ways to cut your video.
* Unlimited Tracks – Add as many layers as you need.
* Video Effects – Remove the background from your video, invert the colors, adjust brightness, and more.
* Title Editor – Use templates, or make your own.
* 3D Animations – Render beautiful 3D animated titles and effects, such as snow, lens flares, or flying text.
* Slow Motion & Time Effects – Control the power of time, reversing, slowing down, and speeding up video.
* Edit Video – Drag and drop video, audio, or images from your file manager into OpenShot.
* 70+ Languages – available in many different languages, and can be translated online with LaunchPad.